Welcome to the Greensboro Free Library. Your Library responds to your requests for…
- Wireless: We continue to have the best service in town with DSL and 9 public access computers for your use. Bring your laptop and sit in our 24/7 screened porch, or spread out on the table in the Cuthbertson Room. In 2013 1,626 people came to use the computers and 1,100 brought their laptops.
- Reading Room: This winter found several patrons sitting in our cozy chairs, donated by the family of George Hasen, in front of our propane fireplace. They were reading the daily papers and periodicals – which your donations make possible. Come see the plethora of issues to please any palate – financial, sportive, culinary, family, political, gardening, etc.
- Audio Books Downloaded Free: Using “Vermont OneClickDigital” you can download both audio books and ebooks to a computer, CD, iPod, iPad, Kindle or MP3 player anywhere in the world where you have Internet access using your library card number.The program includes titles for adults, children and young adults and includes a variety of fictions and non-fiction titles. Over 4,000 selections are available. New titles added each month. No holds or waiting lists required.
- Web Access: The library’s web page is http://greensborofreelibrary.org/. Here you can read the calendar of events, find out about upcoming progams or search the library catalog for a book to read. See what resources are available such as children’s programs or the Vermont Online Library. You can also renew, reserve or request Inter-Library Loan books here. We have a Facebook page too, so you can discuss the library and make suggestions.
- Circulation: Circulation for 2014 was 12,936 items to 11,995 visitors.