Ongoing Programs for Children
- Story Hour at Four Seasons of Learning Center – Friday, 10:00 AM
- Storytime for 0-6 – every Thursday, 10:00 AM
- Storytime for 6-12 – every Tuesday, 10:00 AM
Programs for Children
- Kindness Rocks – Tuesday, June 26th at 10:00 AM – Paint rocks to leave a dash of unexpected kindness where someone might least expect to find it.
- Sounds in Silence! Bats! – Tuesday, July 3rd at 10:00 AM – Jerry Schneider brings us into the exotic world of bats and introduces them to echolocation. Create a bat tee shirt (shirts available for $4.00, or bring your own thick 100% cotton shirt).
- Concert with Robert Resnik (host of VPR radio show All the Traditions) and Megan Butterfield – Thursday, July 5th at 10:00 AM
- Funky Fourth Parade! – Saturday, July 7th – Join us in the parade! Meet on Country Club Rd. before the parade starts. Bring instruments to play if you have them!
- Geology presented by Dr. Robert Merrill
- Meet the Musicians – Tuesday, July 10th, 4:30-5:30 PM – Summer Music from Greensboro brings the Neave Trio to the Greensboro United Church. They welcome youth to come before their concert and talk with them about being musicians and their instruments. Bring your questions & curiosity!
- Film: The Music of Strangers @ Highland Center for the Arts – Wednesday, July 11th at 7:00 PM – Yo-Yo Ma and the Silk Road Ensemble star in this film following an ever-changing lineup of performers drawn from the ensemble’s more than 50 instrumentalists, vocalists, composers, arrangers, visual artists and storytellers as they gather in locations across the world, exploring the ways art can both preserve traditions and shape cultural evolution.
- Geology & Sound – Tuesday, July 17th at 10:00 AM – Bobby Farlice-Rubio from the Fairbanks Museum combines the two summer reading theme subjects into one great presentation!
- Modern Times Theater at Caspian Lake Beach – Wednesday, July 18th at 1:00 PM – Join Punch & Judy for this – All ages will have a good time!
- UVM College of Medicine’s Project Micro – Tuesday, July 24th at 10:00 AM – Janet Schwarz will bring different kinds of microscopes and samples of sand, rocks, shells, sea glass, and other specimens. Kids are welcome to bring sand and rocks from their yards (and anything else that they’d like to look at magnified).
- Instruments! – Thursday, July 26th at 10:00 Am – Learn about different instruments and even try some out with Josh Gould
- A Sound Investigation with Kurt Valenta – Tuesday, July 31st at 10:00 AM – We will be looking at what causes sound, why music boxes work and how we recognize familiar sounds. A hands-on, audience-participation demonstration that will leave the students with a greater knowledge of the phenomenon we call sound.
- Circus Smirkus Roadshow Summer Reading Party – Thursday, August 2nd – Join us for a lively performance and ice cream to celebrate your summer reading!
- Theremin! – Tuesday, August 14th – Come experience this incredible instrument!
- Storytime with Carol Reynolds – Thursday, August 16th at 10:00 AM – Come and see what creative crafts and stories she has to share!
- Storytime with Carol Reynolds – Tuesday, August 21st at 10:00 AM – Come and see what creative crafts and stories she has to share!
Programs for Adults
- Technology Made Easy! – Tuesday July 10th, August 7th and September 4th from 4:00 to 5:00 PM – Learn the basics of using a laptop, camera, tablet, or smartphone as you are guided through the most common software and applications.
- “At Home on the Kazakh Steppe” with Janet Givens – Thursday, June 14th at 7:00 PM – Story of cultural differences between our world and Kazakhstan’ s and how those differences could be bridged through laughter, acceptance and curiousity.
- Book Discussion – “The Remains of the Day” by Kazuo Shiguro – Wednesday, June 27th at 7:00 PM with Stefanie Cravedi
- “Jerusalem: One City, Three Faiths” with Dr. David Brahinsky – Thursday, July 12th at 7:00 PM – Discussion will cover some of the history of a city with three faiths and then what is happening today.
- Book Discussion – “Giliad” by Marilynne Robinson – Wednesday, July 25th at 7:00 PM with Valerie Carter
- Book Discussion – “Caleb’s Crossing” by Geraldine Brooks – Wednesday, August 22nd at 7:00 PM led by Elsa Williams
- Greensboro Historical Society has images on display in the library dating back to the 1890s
- See what’s happening in our Gallery space
One-on-One Computer Classes
Taught anytime. Sign up at the Library desk or call 533-2315
- Internet Exploration – Search tools
- Internet Basics
- E-mail Basics
- Word Processing
Ongoing Book Sale
The Book Sale is open (upstairs in the library) whenever the library is open.
Click here to view our Calendar of Events. For more information call the library at 802-533-2531.