- Mary Metcalf– Librarian
- Debbie Kasper – Assistant Librarian
- Emily Purdy – Youth Services
- Harold Gray – Chair
- Ken Johnston – Vice Chair
- Gina Jenkins – Secretary
- Donna Jenckes – Treasurer
- Becky Arnold
- Carol Reynolds
- John Miller – Alternate
- Catherine Wilkinson – Alternate
- Virginia Lapierre – Alternate
Friends of the Greensboro Free Library
The Friends of the Greensboro Free Library support library services for the community through fundraising, volunteers and serving as advocates of the many library services. New members are always welcome.
What is a Friend of the Library?
A Friend is a member of the community who values the library and wants to support it by donating time and talent in a variety of ways.
What does a Friend do?
- Advocates for support of library programming, projects and activities;
- Cooperates with Friends of other libraries to share and develop ideas;
- Fund raises money for library needs;
- Sponsors and promotes educational and enrichment programs for all ages;
- Promotes the library’s role as a center for community life.
- Book Sales
- Mystery Dinner
- Book Discussion Evenings
- Craft Workshops
- We are always open to suggestions for activities. This is YOUR library.
If you are interested in becoming a “Friend” of the library please contact our staff or stop in the library.